Palm Islands of Dubai
While it might be nice (i.e. I would LOVE) to vacation here if I had the money, if a hurricane wiped the entire place out I would not feel sorry for anyone's loss. You know you have too much money when you start creating man made islands in custom designs to cater to the wealthy. I hear even Beckham owns one of the islands or at least a home there. There are 3 sets of islands in the shape of Palm trees and another set of islands made in the shape of the all the continents on the globe. The islands are visible from space. However, there is a rather large environmental impact to displaying such wealth. (This article includes are rebuttal as well.) More pictures here.
The official site in case you're interested in buying (me) one.
Also:
Peter, Bjorn and John, Young Folks on YouTube. Kinda neat for a lazy Sunday afternoon. This is more Saturday afternoon: BlocParty - Helicopter. Umm, Thursday afternoon: Let's Misbehave. Sunday morning ;) Mia Rose.

4 comments:
What, being a Lord of Sealand isn't good enough for you? You need your own island now too?
I need somewhere to make port. I don't think there's anywhere to dock my ship on Sealand. Then there will also be places that are actually closer which I can then plunder. Yaar!
ooh cool islands.. my dad was telling me about a guy he works with. apparently the guy has family in dubai that he went to visit and actually saw some of the construction of those islands! he showed my dad the pics he took of it
that would be cool to see pics of that. Imagine how much work it would take to make an island and not have it wash away.
Post a Comment