Friday, October 07, 2005

'Cause I don't know when to stop

Since I seem to go on and on about physics, here's a post of a bunch of pictures related to what I do.




This is during construction of the lead - scintillating fibre module. This is what I'm simulating on my computer. I also helped build it.

I had put a picture on the other side of the module and took this one. This is after the module had been cut and polished (fibre optic fibres)

This is inside TRIUMPH, the accelerator at UBC in Vancouver. We're lowering the module into the beam area for beam tests to compare against the simulations. Check out the concrete blocks for shielding! Yay! I can still make babies!

This one has the module in the beam (it's cover in plastic to protect it from UV)

This is the CEBAF accelerator at JLab in Virginia. The race track shape is the accelarator. And the green domes at the bottom are the halls (A, B, C) where we set up our detectors.

Schematic of the accelerator (Hall D isn't built yet, but that's where GlueX goes)

This inside Hall A.

No comments:

Search This Blog

whos.amung.us

hit counter