Saturday, June 03, 2006

fun with airplanes



So a few days ago, I hadn't heard from the organizer for the summer school in Virginia (HUGS 2006) about my flight itinerary, and I was leaving in a few days. After a few emails and phone calls, it seems that there was a "mix-up" and no one had booked my flight. So it seems that they finally sorted it out and booked it yesterday. Yeah...you don't get good flights for cheap when you book 2 days in advance. (They pay for everything so I'm at their purchasing whim.) My flight there isn't too bad, but still is rediculous. Regina to Minneapolis to Orlando to Newport News. Coming back is more rediculous. Newport News to Atlanta to Memphis to Minneapolis to Regina. So a normal 4 hour flight connecting in Minneapolis is now 4 or 5 airports and a 12 hour affair. And this is assuming they don't lose my luggage. Frick. Tomorrow is going to be fun. Oh well, I've never been to Orlando. I'll get a nice tour of their airport.

No comments:

Search This Blog

whos.amung.us

hit counter